Have you recognized lavender? What do you have in mind about lavender? I feel very certain that most people in the world know lavender as one of the perfumes sources since the fragrance of lavender is very popular around the world. What about lavender flower? Ever cultivate it? Or lavender oil? Ever use it? Here we go! On this page you will not only recognize lavender as a source of perfume but also notice the 5 surprising benefits of lavender oil for rashes.
Overview about lavender
Lavender oil is extracted mostly from the flowers of lavender plants through the process of distillation. The lavender flowers are not only used for perfumes but also for making tea, lemonades, syrups, aromatic beverages, and for baking dishes. Lavender oil is very advantageous in aromatherapy and many aromatic preparation and combination.
In these recent years, lavender essential oil is widely used in various forms such as aromatherapy oil, in gels, infusions, soaps, lotions, baby products, candles, and the most important one is for skin care.
The nature of skin rashes
Skin rash is common and happen to the most of us. A skin rash is not a specific diagnosis but rather a form which is used to categorized the skin problems including swelling, redness, darkening and bumpiness of the skin.
Some skin rashes also representative for eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, and hives. Other skin rashes seem to appear without a symptom. In this case, doctors generally give prescription of an anti-bacterial or antifungal cream to apply.
Allergies, including food allergy to eggs and shell fish, may also cause a skin rash. Although some rashes are non-infectious, however, you must pay attention to rash that carries fever.
The 5 surprising benefits of lavender oil for rashes
As one of the best essential oil, lavender is considered most useful with 5 surprising benefits to treat rashes. The properties of lavender oil contribute much as natural remedies for rash. Those 5 surprising benefits of lavender oil are:
- Lavender essential oil helps to reduce the skin inflammation, redness and swelling in rashes. This is very good not to spread the rashes over your skin. This lavender function is based on its properties of anti-inflammatory.
- Lavender essential oil helps to fight against free radical damage and enable the cells to regenerate healthily. There will be small wounds formed as a result of skin rashes, in this case, lavender oil functions to prevent the damage of your skin cells. Free radical damage will not frequently attack your skin due to the antioxidants properties of lavender essential oil.
- As the skin rashes get lower in pain, you will feel more comfortable. This is how the sedative properties of lavender oil serves you a calm nerves and a peaceful sleep.
- The more rashes appear to your skin, the more painful and discomfort you will feel. However, using lavender oil can alleviate the pain due to the analgesic properties.
- Acne is one of the skin problems too. Acne may result a skin rash if it is going worse. By anti-microbial and antiviral properties, lavender proves right to heal the acne in which the chance of infection and rashes may appear.
Hence, the 5 surprising benefits of lavender oil for rashes which are described above are certainly good for you to know. So that you will be more knowledgeable about the benefits of lavender oil and use it for your home remedies.
How to use lavender oil for rashes
There are some methods how to use lavender oil to treat rashes. Those are:
- Apply a few drops of lavender essential oil on to the rashes. The lavender oil will help absorb excess moisture from the rash and dry out the rash.
- Spray the lavender essential oil using spray bottle on to the rash. Spray as needed.
- Put a few drops of lavender essential oil to your warm bath. The rashes on your skin will be soothed and smaller.
- You may use lavender powder as substitute of lavender essential oil. Just pour the powder all over the rash.
Consider the 5 surprising benefits of lavender oil for rash, and the ease of how to use lavender oil, you will have no reason not to store lavender oil for your home remedies. The properties of lavender oil prove to carry benefits to treat rash. The procedures to treat rash using lavender oil are also very easy. Therefore, get rid of rash using lavender oil from now.